Data Privacy Certified Agency Partner
Manz Web Designs, LLC is now a certified agency partner for data privacy with Termageddon! If you have a website and are collecting data, such as, Google Analytics, Contact Forms, etc., you are at risk for a law suit.
How do I know if I need protection?
Examples of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) are ‘name’ and ‘email’, which are often found on contact forms.
No! Privacy laws apply to any website that collects data from that state or country.
If your website falls into one or more of the following scenario, you absolutely need one!
- An eCommerce website where users can make purchases
- A website that has a contact form
- A website that has an email newsletter sign-up form
- A website that has Google Analytics installed
Additionally, businesses with contact forms that receive inquiries across state or country lines will need to comply with each state or country-specific privacy law to avoid fines and lawsuits.
For more information, please see https://termageddon.com/need-website-privacy-policy/
If any of the following fit your business/offerings, you should have a Disclaimer:
- A website that participates in affiliate programs;
- A website that advertises third-party products or services;
- A website that sells or displays health products;
- A website that provides health or fitness advice;
- A website that provides information that could be seen as legal advice